The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
Recently, I put together a list of 17 inexpensive skin care products that our team swears by — proving that you don't always have to spend a ton of money to see good results.
But if we're being honest here, sometimes those pricier products are really worth their cost. So I asked my coworkers, who are a discerning and relatively frugal group, to share with me the skin care products they're willing to pay good money for and why.
In such a saturated market of luxury skin care products, it can be hard to know what's really worth it. Before you pull out your wallet to buy an expensive new mask that's trending on Instagram, read through this post. You're likely to find a more meaningful skin care recommendation here than from someone who was paid by a brand to pose with its product.
Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face PeelDr. Dennis Gross Extra-Strength Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel, available at Amazon, $71.77
I recently wrote about this two-step skin treatment in an article that was basically a love letter in disguise. The Extra-Strength Alpha Beta Peel by Dr. Dennis Gross, which consists of two pre-soaked pads that you swipe all over your face, has been a godsend for my acne-prone skin. The powerful combination of hydroxy acids with ingredients like free-radical-fighting retinol and resveratrol create a cocktail that works wonders for eliminating and preventing acne, uneven skin tone, and roughly textured skin. — Sally Kaplan, Insider Picks editor
If you want more information, read my full review here.
FOREO Luna 2FOREO Luna 2, available at Amazon and Sephora, $199
I've tried my share of facial cleansing brushes, but the best one I've used is FOREO's silicone device. It comes in four different types (combination, normal, oily, and sensitive) to address your unique skin issues. The bristles are made of silicone, making the two-minute experience gentle and squashing my fears of bacteria build-up over time. My skin always feels smoother and softer after using it, so I try to make it a habit of using my FOREO consistently and even travel with it (if you do want a smaller, more portable option, the LUNA mini 2 is more affordable but equally effective).
It also seems to last forever off of just one charge; I was so accustomed to stepping into the shower only to discover my cleansing brush was dead that I was pleasantly surprised by how long the LUNA stays charged. I've used my FOREO so many times that it completely justifies the $200 price tag. — Connie Chen, Insider Picks reporter
Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Acid Cloud CreamPeter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Acid Cloud Cream, available at Nordstrom, $52
I'm not exaggerating when I say I've tested out hundreds of moisturizers (I wrote a lot of skin care and beauty content in my previous job). But day after day, despite how full my bathroom shelves are of unopened luxury skin care products, this is the one I keep turning to. The formula feels less like a lotion and more like a silky gel, and the effect is an incredibly hydrating, non-sticky finish that lasts all day. Normally, lightweight moisturizers don't work for more than an hour or two on my skin, but this one is the exception. — Sally Kaplan, Insider Picks editor
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:
In a strange move, this popular beverage company started making sunscreen — and it's surprisingly one of the best I've triedNobody needs a $900 robot vacuum to clean their floors — but after using one, I now get why they're so popularThis $60 car sensor can diagnose the cause of a check engine light without a trip to the mechanicSEE ALSO: 17 cheap and effective skin care products under $25 we swear by in our everyday lives
Read more: feedproxy.google.com
No comments:
Post a Comment