Saturday, November 3, 2018

Hilarious Twitter Thread Explains Why People Feel Sorry For ‘Netflix Era’ Kids

Screen-Shot-2018-10-16-at-4.10.52-PM.png?w=587There was no ‘Pause it’ back in the day — “Netflix Era” kids won’t ever get it

Every generation thinks they had it worse than the former. We all believe we were worse off,  and that those who came after us are just whining endlessly over things we could’ve never dreamed of having “back in the day.”

But, when we’re not complaining about how hard we had it, we’re waxing lyrical about how much better we turned out because of all the hardships — you know, like our phone being attached to the wall, having to “rewind” our VHS cassettes by hand when they got stuck in the VCR, and of course making sure to catch your favorite show live or forever being left out of all related inside jokes the next day at school.

That’s why when Twitter user @FlossAus sent out her random thought into the inter-web over the weekend, a whole lot of people had their own opinions to share, and the results are comedy gold.

I feel sorry for Netflix era kids. They will never know the high stakes adrenaline of running to the bathroom/fridge/bedroom in a single ad break, with the beckoning call of a sibling screaming “It’s ONNNNNN” to send you hurdling over furniture to get back in time.

— Felicity (@FlossAus) October 14, 2018

“I feel sorry for Netflix era kids,” she wrote. “They will never know the high stakes adrenaline of running to the bathroom/fridge/bedroom in a single ad break, with the beckoning call of a sibling screaming ‘It’s ONNNNNN’ to send you hurdling over furniture to get back in time.”

It’s doubtful Felicity, a self-described professional “social media + digital girl @Penguin Teen” had any idea the sort of life her tweet would take on. But it seems many remember what life was like B.N. (Before Netflix):

Or if you missed ONE episode; you were so screwed.

— Vincent Van Gøsh is Spøøky (@RottenAccount) October 15, 2018

Always compounded by the fact your best mate had seen the movie and kept spoiling it 1f602.png

— Cr Stuart James (@CrStuartJames) October 16, 2018

Or looking forward to TGIF and Saturday morning cartoons all week

— dairy queen 1f37c.png (@theduckie908) October 15, 2018

My husband and I love to tell our kids how we didn't have entire channels dedicated to our interests - we got time slots, and only if dad wasn't watching sports on one of the few other channels. It's kind of our 'we had to walk 5 miles in the snow to school - uphill both ways!'

— only undead on the inside (@ashleyswallows) October 16, 2018

Wife and I were talking about this, & = I commented on how we can now do more with a device that can fit in a pocket (watch TV or a movie, shop, write a letter, chat with text, or even CALL someone), than Capt. Kirk could do w/his communicator. "I. Can't. Sign. On. To. Hulu!" pic.twitter.com/dTv1d5I92T

— WindaWester, Space Force Veteran (@WindaWester) October 16, 2018

Probably for the best- I never would have graduated high school if I could have watched Steve Martin and Gilda Radner on SNL over and over

— Dawn (@slowdawning) October 16, 2018

Running back to the couch like pic.twitter.com/HnCqcJLZ55

— Next Level Pack (@NextLvLPack) October 16, 2018

Or timing it right so your Hot Pocket would be done by the end of the commercial break lol

— Mackenzie Bart (@mbartwx) October 15, 2018

Real tempted to pause Netflix at regular intervals and tell my kids to go to the bathroom and unpause after a set time regardless of whether they’re ready to watch so they can experience this.

— Spooky SkAliton (@occasionali) October 16, 2018

I called that "Commercial Cleaning" at my house.

— Carolynn Schwartz (@SoulMamaSays) October 16, 2018

What's worse is when you're watching a show and then the program interrupts because of a emergency weather broadcast or a weekly test pic.twitter.com/8oIhmAnQZt

— Britt (@BBQDamie) October 15, 2018

It’s so true. I remember the Friday night line-up as a kid, watching “Dukes of Hazzard” followed immediately by “Dallas.” You couldn’t miss a week because, even with the beginning “Last week….on Dallas,” it still left too many plot holes to feel like you were caught up. I know the dog isn’t going to feed himself but goddammit if I’m going to miss this part.

And obviously, every single episode of “Three’s Company” was the same double entendre about sexual misunderstandings between Jack and Chrissy but Mr. Roper probably had a slightly different reaction face this week and now I missed it and my entire week is ruined.

giphy.gif

Of course, I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out the sheer joy that Netflix brings to all of our lives but that’s because we all know how bad we had it before. I mean, pausing live TV in order to have a detailed conversation with your best friend about exactly how that scene fits into the overall plot sequence?! What sort of Jedi mind trick TV exec thought of that one for the first time?

giphy.gif

Of course, our kids will never know the hardships of our youth but I think I speak for everyone when I say, please, please don’t let us ever go back to the Stone Ages.

The post Hilarious Twitter Thread Explains Why People Feel Sorry For ‘Netflix Era’ Kids appeared first on Scary Mommy.


Read more: scarymommy.com

https://infoforu.org/hilarious-twitter-thread-explains-why-people-feel-sorry-for-netflix-era-kids/

No comments:

Post a Comment